Recently, due to my work nature, I was able to stumble onto sites that lists down where we can find movies online. Since this came about even without the need to search for them. I can’t help but imagine there are actually lots more of these sites around. I mean… what’s the probability of me finding one even without looking for it right?
Anyway my questions in order are:
1) Are these sites legal? (Ed Note: Surely they can’t be legal… )
2) If they are not legal, how come the Copyright or Web Hosting Providers don’t block or remove the content from their site?
3) I believe most of these movies are kept in Rapidshare or Daily Motion which allows people to upload insane amounts of data to their servers.
4) Why in the world would people want to upload movie files for others to download? What do they get out of it? Ad Revenue?
5) Why are hosting sites still allowed to host such movies if they are copyright and should not be distrubuted freely? There has to be some control like Youtube for sure.
Here’s an example of a dragonball movie on Dailymotion’s service: http://www.dailymotion.com/ultrassj4/video/x1eqzo_son-goku-video-clip-by-ultrassj4
Filesharing continues to be a legal battle between the copyright holders and pirates… Who will win? I guess only time will tell…
If you actually look around the internet, you will be able to find lots of shows like HEROES, PRISON BREAK, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, and lots more…. who needs cable anyway?