Today I just updated my Omnia from the old ROM i900DZHK3 (updated 2 Jan 2009) to i900DZIA5 (updated 28 Feb 2009). Apparantly I was told that there were some nice updates to the ROM this time round. It never ceases to amaze me that Samsung is still providing ROM updates to this phone even after its been out in the market for about 8 months now?!
Each time I do an update, its like I’m getting a new phone all together. So what’s new in the update? Well I was told it has the following goodies:
- New settings for enhanced GPS.
- Ability to update when omnia is connected to PC via ActiveSync
- Phonebook listing has been improved (Alphabet listing removed… its too small anyway unless you have a stylus)
- Volume control is now finger friendly (again without having the need for a stylus)
- Favourite Settings, a finger friendly application that access some of the settings
- “Share pix” program which is something like Shozu, for uploading of videos and images (Supports Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, Friendster, MySpace)
- New Game – Asphalt: Elite Racing 4 Ver 1.2.0
- Omnia Online widgets, now you can download more widgets. Old widgets are gone
- Opera 9.5 build 15746
The ‘My Storage’ has been cleared and some stuffs are included here
- The asphalt game is installed here (so is the cab file)
- 2 music files, TheOMNIA and BeyongSamsung
- Kung Fu Panda trailer
- Transformers trailer
- Omnia video tutorial
- Omnia launch video (Introduction and Episodes)
NOTE: When I tried to update the rom from i900DZHK3 to i900DZIA5, the update program told me that I already had the latest ROM. If you face this problem then you should read the following post on how to rectify the problem:
You may download your own ROM from http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp. Upgrade your phone today if you haven’t done so already. You’ll notice a marked improvement in the performance of your phone.