1. Press the home button on the main menu. Next click on the controller image. You can adjust the wii-mote volume and rumble functions.
2. Hold a and b down and you can move the windows on the main menu around.
3. In order to add someone to your friend’s list you BOTH have to enter each other’s Number ID and Console Nickname to be able to send messages and Mii’s.
4. Want your plain-looking Wii to have some style? Add a blue light around you CD drive anytime the console is on by doing the following:
Go to your email from the home menu, and add your personal computer email address to your address book. Wait ~1 hour for the email (mine took at least this long) Reply to the email from your computer. In a few minutes, you will have an email waiting for you on your Wii. Don’t read it! As long as it remains new, you have a pretty blue light!
5. In wii sports bowling, you can release on the back swing and throw the ball backwards. It scares all the miis behind you.
6. Email A Wii: You can email any Wii that you know the Friend code for. The Email address will be w(Wii Number here)@wii.com. For Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Get rid of Generic Teammates/Spectators: The Wii will automatically use the other Miis in your Plaza as teammates and spectators in certain Wii sports games. Create friends and family, and you can get rid of the generic Miis.
8. Register and Extend Warranty: Register your Console on Nintendo.com, get a free 90 day extension to your warranty.
9. Get Free Nintendo Power: Register 3 Nintendo products on Nintendo.com, and get 3 months of Nintendo Power free.
10. Extra Parts: There are two parts to the Wii in your box that you may either not find, or never know what they are. The first is a Clear Disc piece. This piece fits under your Wii stand to Stabalize it’s balance. The second is a Small(1″ – 1.5″) plastic Piece. This piece is the stand for the Sensor bar. It puts some disntance between your TV and the bar. In theory, that should give you a better angle reception.
11. Get Miis in your parade: Setting your Miis to Mingle, and having your friends do the same thing will soon have Miis walking around in your parade. Your friends’ Miis will wonder over to your console and parade around, so long as they are set to Mingle. You can then grab them and send them to your Plaza so you have a copy.
12. In Zelda, the direction Link spins when doing a spin attack depends on which way you spin your nunchuck.
13. In Wii Sports Bowling, when you press up on the Directional Pad, it will zoom in on the lane. The zoom in sound is the exact same sound from Super Mario 64 anytime you moved the camera.
14. If you go to the Channel section in your menu you can choose to save VC games on a SD card.
15. In LOZ:TP if you keep it at the start screen for an extended period of time, it plays an extremely extended trailer that they didn’t show to the general public.
16. On hole 3 of Wii Sports Golf, there is a small section of fairway at about a 45 degree angle to the left from the tee box. It is a small patch surrounded by Out Of Bound-ness. If you can land your ball on there, you can easily make it on the green in 2, to to Eagle the course.
17. Wii Video 9 – Wii Video Converter
Wii Video 9 is a free video conversion application developed by Red Kawa. It allows you to convert your computer video files (like avi, divx, mpeg, etc.) into the specific video formats that are playable on the Wii.
Wii Video 9 can also be combined with Videora, another software application, and together they can let you automatically download and convert video for your Wii using BitTorrent and RSS technology.
18. In the Wii menus, turn your wrist and the hand cursor will also turn.
19.Â While your Wii is powered down you can press any button on your Wiimote and lights will flash. The number of lights flashing is the amount of charge left in your battery (1 is least charge, 4 is most charge).
20. In Wii Bowling, if you aim right to any lane near you, you can throw your ball there, but you won’t hit any pins unless you aim right.
21. Zelda. You can skip cutscenes in Zelda by hitting the – button. You must have at least seen the cutscene once, however.
22.Â Wii Bowling easter egg YouTube – Wii Sports Bowling Easter Egg
23. When you purchase a virtual console title and Mario runs across the screen, if you happen to get fire flower Mario, you can shoot fireballs with the A button.
24.Â When looking at your messages press a+b and you can move the messages around. If you have a lot of messages then you can arrange them in this manner or you can just delete them.
25. In the Photo Channel, you can catch the evil cat that runs across the screen to get tips! It appears in the Fun option, and you can grab the cat with the A and B button.
26. You can have a 194 piece puzzle by holding down the 1 button before selecting any piece amount.
27. when you get an e-mail, not only does the disc drive light up and pulsate blue, but your Wiimote sends out a little chirp
28. when youâ€™re in the Mii channel and you donâ€™t use the Wiimote for a little bit and your Miiâ€™s start walking around, if you then suddenly use the Wiimote, all the Mii stop and follow the â€˜handâ€™ for about 3 seconds.
29. If you hold the SYNC button down on the Wii for 15 seconds, it will clear all synced Wii Remotes from the console.
30. Hold the B button and point to the direction you want to go in the Mii channel and you can scroll around the screen. You can see all the Miis without arranging them.
31. Press down on the control pad while watching a video to change the voices, if you change the mood on a video the sounds will be affected too.
32. With Wii forecast, you can rotate the globe on a different axis by turning/twisting the remote.
33. if the weather shows rain when you check it, you will hear the sound of rain and the same for thunder.
34. The weather channel will affect your in-game weather on Wii games.
35. Hit left and right on the dpad in the Weather Channel Globe to change the icons between the various options.
36. You Can Use The Right Analog Stick On The Classic Controller To Navigate The Wii Menu.
37. I have just found when on the main menu on Wii Play were you select which game you want to play you can click on various places on your Mii and he/she will perform different poses and facial expressions.
38.Â In the globe view in the weather forecast channel, if you grab the world and give it a quick flick the world will go spinning (it works better if you zoom out with the – button) you can only really spin it east or west cause it gets stuck on the poles. This has no real value unless you wanted to choose some random city in the world.
39.Â If you’re winning in Wii Sports Baseball by 4 or 5 points, the pitcher on the other team will start sweating.
40.Â On the Beta Version of Opera, there are two files. One is in the Wii channel for the browser itself. The other is in the same area as game saves. If you delete the file, it clears the cache and cookies resulting in keeping the experience snappy.
41.Â When viewing photos in the photo channel, press B to create a pixilated circle for censoring The size of the circle depends on how close your remote is to the TV.
42.Â Wii Tennis: When you get to the screen (in 1 player) where there is a picture of 2 yous and 2 “?” press on them and they will change between “?” and u so u can play against yourself or just watch a match.
43.Â In bowling when the bowling game is loading you can press different directions on the D-pad to change the color of your ball.
44.Â In Wii boxing you can have your character do poses by moving your hands around. Example, put both hands up in the air as if you just won a victory.
45.Â In Wii Play: On the game selection screen poke your Mii’s arms, legs, face and torso with the (A) button and see what happens…
46.Â In Wii Play, leave the main game select title page on and do nothing. After a while you character Mii’s will fall asleep and the music will change to a more nite nite twinkley sound.
47.Â In tennis, hold the two button during the warning screen right until the positions screen loads up for a blue court (the one from training).
48.Â The number of coins mario gets when downloading VC games is the same as the number of blocks of memory it takes up.
49.Â After beating the Boxing champ – Matt – you can get silver boxing gloves. To wear – Hold (1) when the screen goes black before a match.
50.Â Press 2 while pitching in Wii Sports Baseball and you’ll pitch side-armed.
51.Â When loading WII NEWS grab the cat that appears at the top of the loading screen to get some tips.
52.Â If you click on the loading cats on the news channel each one will make a different pitched noice a bit like a miaow. They act as a kind of keyboard.
53.Â To Make Your Mii’s Pants Red… Select Them As A “Favorite”
To Make Them Blue, You Must Send The Mii To SOmeone, And Have Them Send It Back To You.
54.Â Go to http://wiiminder.com whilst on the opera browser to have tabbed wii browsing
55.Â In the boxing, if you dodge a punch it will do a slow motion type sound and the screen will blurr a bit. If you quickly hit your opponent when this happens it will do a special punch that hits really hard.
56.Â When in the doodle mode of the Photo channel, when you add things like glasses, or lip marks, or hearts, or whatever, if you move your remote closer or further away from the screen, the images you put on the picture get smaller or larger depending on the distance from the screen
57.Â You can add more Miis in Parade and audiences. Use Wii Sports to do it:
1. Make about 10 Mii’s.
2. Transfer those Mii’s to your Wiimote.
3. Delete the Mii’s that are transfered to the Wiimote out of the plaza.
4. Start up Wii Sports.
5 When given the option of which Mii to use during gameplay choose the option to get the Mii from the Wii Remote.
6. After viewing the Mii’s on the Wiimote back out by using the B button.
7. Exit out of Wii Sports and back onto the Wii Menu.
Now check the Mii parade and all 10 of the Miis that were on the Wiimote are in the parade. Now if you dont want the Miis on the Wiimote just delete them off. These Miis will now show up in all Wii Sports games that have an audience.