THIS IS HOW YOUR POSTING WILL LOOK LIKE YOU ARE NOT A REGISTERED USER. THE SYSTEM WILL TAG YOUR SMS AND SEND IT TO THE EMAIL PLUGIN
THIS IS SO EASY. I AM OFF THE COMPUTER BUT I CAN STILL GET MY THOUGHTS ACROSS TO MY BLOG. OH ITS GETTING LATE. BETTER SLEEP…
THIS IS SO AWESOME. THIS POSTING WORKS!
The above sentence was posted via SMS by using the WebSMS2u.com SMS Inbox Forwarding service to my script here on WordPress!
How does it work? – All I had to do was send an SMS to 32355 which wrote “SMS OPP (Posting by SMS) This is so awesome. This posting works!”
The forwarding engine at WebSMS2u.com identifies the message as belonging to my accountÂ (identifier beingÂ the word ‘OPP‘), and forwards the real content portion “(Posting by SMS) This is so awesome. This posting works!” to my script here. The script URL is up to me to set in my OPP WebSMS2u Account Manager but it basically points to my script here. Or it can be pointed elsewhere if needed for other purposes.
The wp-websms2u.php script sittingÂ on Ourplaypen.com thenÂ which then breaks down the mesage into Subject and Text and enters the entry into my posts automatically.
The subject / category portion is determined by the words inbetween the (brackets) and the rest of the text following that is entered as text.
I have set the authentication toÂ check against my userlist here so that only registered usersÂ are able to perform posts to my blog.
If you wish to MMS to my blog there are a few settings you need to do to your phone. I’m not too well versed with all the phones out there so I’ll just give you the basics as to what needs to be done.
First of all you need to set the MMS Settings on your phone:
- GPRS Setting will still be going out via your mobile operator (so you can leave that alone)
- You will need to add a new MMS setting to your phone to use my MMS server instead of that of your Mobile Operator. So proceed to your settings/ configuration and add a new Multimedia Message setting via Personal Configuration. The setting details are as per below:
- Account Name: Ourplaypen MMS
- Server Address: http://www.ourplaypen.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-mms/wp-mms-server.php
- Use Preferred Access Point: Yes (However if it does not work then set to ‘No’ and use the following settings)
- Access Point Settings (this setting should be that of your Telco Provider. In this example I will be using Maxis Malaysia Settings):
- Proxy: disabled
- Bearer Settings:
- GPRS Access Point: net
- Authentication Type: Normal
- Username: maxis
- Password: wap
Phew… that was quite a bit of work huh? Well you only have to do the above once and it will be set on your phone for life… until you decide to delete the settings or until you lose your phone 😉
To Post a Blog:
- Compose a normal MMS as you would.
- You can send pure text or a combination of text and images or sound.
- Once you are done composing your message, send the message to the number: 888
- Your message will then be queued for approvalÂ on the blog.
Please refrain from sending me junk postings or advertisements because I’ll simply delete them. Please also give some sort of identification as to who you are so that I can contact you if necessary. I might find your posting interesting and decide to get in touch with you.
EDITOR’S NOTE: There used to be a picture here of a MALAYSIAN CAB but it was accidentally deleted and lost when I did an update from WordPress Version2.0.x to Version 2.1
Cabs! I cant help but have cabs! They drive as though they dont care if tomorrow comes or not! Majority of Malaysian taxi drivers flout the traffic laws all the time. They are a menace to society and cause accidents. Oh i dont sound biased do ? My apologies… Take that you scum!
Edited: Drats I didn’t manage to get his number plate!
This posting has been sent in via my mobile phone through Maxis MMS system. As you can see, it works and I am truly happy and amazed. This is truly a good learning experience as to the ins and outs of sending MMS from phone to any page on the internet.
The Electric Helicopter Beginner’s Guide v1.6
For those of you who are interested in learning the basics to the advance of Electric Helicopters, here’s a guide by Toshiyasu Morita which will help you most. I found the article very interesting and informative. A good read.
Adrian’s Weblog is official online as of the time of this posting! Gotta learn how to use this software so that I can blog even when on the move.
Let’s hope I don’t lose too much momentum between posts which I see happening ever so often on other blogs.