Anyway managed to secure the car seat onto May Lee’s Honda City without problems. The seat fits well even with the front passenger seat placed pretty far back for front passenger leg room. The only problem which I haven’t figured out is that the manual says to entire seat belt is tensioned properly… Now how in the world do I do that? There’s no where to tension the belt to begin with. And so my quest to find some solutions on the net began.
Finally after having recalled from Mr. Tham of Bambino (where I bought the seat from) saying that there were instructional videos on YouTube, I managed to find a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPFhJSDvhQ . I would say watching this video sure beats reading the manual! Very comprehensive and easy to understand since the video was easy to follow. I also confirmed from this video that there is no way to tension the belt when the seat is in position for GROUP 0 (infants up to 13kg). There is only a tensioner for 9-13KG front facing position (i.e. Group 1). I wonder what the manual meant by tensioning for Group 0. Perhaps more surfing for info is required. See the video below:
Before messing around with a baby car seat, I had no idea the amount of engineering that went into one of these things! The designs are well thought out and construction very sturdy. Not to mention the seat seems more comfortable than the stock Honda City ones 😉 The seat is able to be set in two positions (Infants up to 9 or 13Kgs and Children from 9/13Kgs up to 18KG) mainly rearward or forward facing. You can also adjust the buckle length (2 position) as well as the strap heights (3 positions). The seat inclination is also able to be adjusted to the comfort of the child and most importantly to match the different car models out there.
- Car seat homologated for groups 0+/1 according to European standards ECE 44/04.
- Usable from 0 to 18 kg (generally from 0 months to 4 years).
- Side Head Protection technology for an improved baby safety also in case of lateral shocks.
- Safety belt system with 5 anchoring points and tensioning device between the legs; easy control via centralized control.
- Suitable for use on either right or left side of car, guiding and securing features make it simple to secure the seat with the adult belts as required by safety rules.
- Car belt tensioning devices with system for an effective block, securing the seat into the car
- Side strips to retain the belts for an easy positioning of the baby into the seat.
- Belts are padded for a better comfort of the baby.
- Comfy, padded seat liner for the new born baby.
- Seat adjustable in 6 positions, from sleep to travel position.
- Totally removable cover, hand washable at 30° C.
- Soft and comfortable design.
- Body material PP
- Material of the lining Polyester coupled with sponge 10 mm and TNT
- Seat belts by 5 points
- Fixation with car belts 3 points with reel
- Position in the car Opposite to running direction/rear facing (up to 10
- kg), running direction/forward facing (9-18 kg)
- Do not place in the front passenger seat in those cars equipped
- with front airbags
- Size Depth 58 cm
- Width 44 cm.
- Height 60 cm.
- Total weight: Kg. 5.3
- Certifications: ECE 44/04