After shopping around a bit last weekend, I bought myself a LENOVO Ideapad S10-2 Netbook. The price was recently dropped from RM1400+ to RM1199.00, so after considering between Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus, Sony,.. I picked up the Lenovo S10-2 based on the cost, heat level, weight, size & usability.
After having used it on and off for the entire week, I have to say this is one of the best purchase I’ve made in a while. I love the light weight compared to my old Dell Inspiron which is about to dislocate my shoulders, I love the 6 cell battery which easily makes the notebook last a good 6+ hours!, I love the keyboard which apparently is 85% of a full size keyboard, I love the built-in webcam and its cool facial recognition software for windows logon & etc. The only thing I didn’t really like about it was the inability to set the screen to a higher resolution than 1024 x 600. Having a higher resolution would have enabled me to fit more into the screen without having to scroll so much but then again, for travelling… the small size advantage overshadows this problem anyday. Using it at home? Just hook it up to an external monitor for the higher res.
Here are some specs:
- 1.6GHz N270 Intel Atom Processor
- 1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz
- Windows XP Home Edition (SP3)
- 10.1″ WSVGA Glossy LED-backlit display with integrated camera 1024×600
- 160GB 5400rpm Western Digital Scorpio Blue hard drive
- Intel GMA 950 Integrated Graphics
- Broadcom 11b/g Wi-Fi wireless
- 4-in-1 Media card
- 6-Cell Li-ion 10.8v 4.06Ah 44Wh battery
- 40W AC Adapter
- Size: 10.2″ x 7.6″ x 0.7-1.8″ (including battery)
- Weight: 2lbs 11oz, 3lbs 5.4oz travel weight